Here are a few quick tips on how to make yourself more AWESOME
1. Show up!- Showing up to the gym is half the battle. Once you're there, all the little things that attempted to make you avoid the gym will go away. Having a membership to CFA and not using it is like Chunk eating all of Sloth’s Baby Ruth candy bars, it’s just not smart! I've yet to meet a person who has regretted showing up once the workout has ended... Unless it was 150 wall balls for time... Who wants to do that crap???!!! Get in your car, drive to the gym and add one more brick to your personal wall of Awesome.
2. Feed your body- Don't eat like a jerk. Fuel yourself correctly. You won't be awesome until you realize that eating pizza and drinking beer 4 nights out of the week is why you still have that spare tire. The weekend calories you ingest still count towards your fatness! Superman doesn't do a few WODs, eat like crap, and still expect to leap tall buildings in a single bound, and you shouldn't think you can either! Although, Superman is a huge nerd, and I'm pretty sure his MyFitnessPal tracker is perfect all day, every day. On second thought, Wolverine would totally kill Superman, and he smokes and drinks so maybe I don't know what I am talking about. If you have a mutant level healing factor, feel free to eat and drink freely. If not, stop eating like a jerk now!
3. Get a hot Fiance- I have increased my Awesome quotient by 300 degrees simply by asking Coach L to marry me. If you don't have a smoking hot fiancé, try adhering to steps 1 and 2. If you are currently in a relationship apply steps 1 and 2 to your significant other and you will also have that hot piece of arm candy. I can promise you that everyone looks better with someone hot by their side! Sorry though... COACH L IS TAKEN!!!
4. Grow a beard- It has been scientifically proven that facial hair makes you more awesome. This cannot be refuted. If the mighty T-Rex had stopped shaving, he would be sitting in the oval office today. You just can't argue science. Don’t worry ladies- I didn’t forget about you! Have your partner grow a beard, and you can bask in the splendor of awesomeness, too!
5. Squat in Spandex- Everyone knows that you need to squat- that’s not a new discovery. However, squatting in spandex gives you that little extra something. Superheroes wear spandex and so did David Bowie. If you’re mid-squat and you need to save a damsel in distress or entertain a crowd of thousands, do you really want all that fabric slowing you down? Spandex also allows you to show off all those sweet quad gains you’ve been working so hard to attain.
6. Listen to Coach Justin- He knows most things. He once put together a 1,000 piece puzzle upside down! If he can do that, I am pretty sure he can help you get stronger and fitter. The other Coaches at CFA have learned from King Awesome as well. Listen to your coaches as they are there to guide you to Awesomeness Level 9 (Level 10 is reserved for Coach Justin, aka King Awesome).
Applying these simple rules can and will change your life! Take the time to allow yourself to be awesome. Using all of your energy on that extra hour of overtime at work when you could be improving your life is just not awesome. Your loved ones will see the changes in you and will want to become awesome as well. Dedicate your mind and body to health and fitness, and you, too, can become AWESOME!